20 January, 2007

Chennai Restaurants

Have a lot to write about – my reviews on some restaurants that I sampled, a few book reviews, my cooking adventures, etc. Let me begin with the restaurants.

Given that I am a vegetarian, my reviews would be rendered utterly useless to a vast majority. But I labour on for the devoted minority! (More like myself!).

There is a hotel in Nungambakkam high road, Little Italy - heavenly Italian food. They have an excellent array of starters – lots of breads. I tried the some ‘assortment of breads’ – two pieces each of a number of great breads – was great, and more than enough quantity too. The pizzas were good, but substantially from the Pizza Hut, Dominos, variety. Should try the pastas next time.

Then there is a Dhaba Express in Cenotaph road. I went for their lunch buffet...North Indian spread. Good variety, good taste...at 61 its value for money (especially for heavy eaters).

There is Café Mocha in Chennai, in Khader Nawaz Khan road...cool place…spacious, nice ambience, and good crowd. Food and drinks too are good. I visited a few in Mumbai...this looks better.

Will try out more, and then give a lowdown on them. Will stop for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.