02 January, 2007

Happy New Year

A new year, and a new post. But, no resolutions for me. I am above such triviality (I am lazy). So, it is more of the same. Excess reading, TV watching, and 'cooking'. Work is cool as ever - meandering as usual.

TV viewing is in for a change - i guess i have to take a DTH connection as the local cable now has only regional channels..the lone VH1, SAB and Sahara are also gone. Anyway, i have to get one before the world cup, so might as well get it now.

I am also planning to apply for a four wheeler license. That should work out, and then i will get a car - that will be a big decision!

Let me describe some of my 'cooking' adventures - It started with Dosai i guess. My mom had made the dough before she left for Coimbatore. I started off on a wrong note - added water, when it was not necessary, and diluted the dough. I poured it in the tawa, and found that it was spreading badly. I somehow managed to half cook it, but when i put a piece in my mouth, i realised, i had forgotten salt. The watery ordeal continued, as all dosais were either half baked gooey looking or black coloured burnt ones. Thankfully, my attempt at coconut chutney was not so disastrous - it was actually good.

No comments: